Asterisk is an open-source software PBX, created by Digium, Inc. and a continuously growing user and developer base. Digium invests in both developing the Asterisk source code and low-cost telephony hardware that works with Asterisk. Asterisk runs on Linux and other Unix platforms with OR without hardware that connects your server to the traditional global telephony network, the PSTN. An Asterisk server is an application that is installed in a dedicated server and sold at affordable prices.
There are a few beneficial advantages connected with utilizing the Asterisk server as a part of conjunction with an excellent little business VoIP arrangement. Not just is it amazingly savvy when contrasted with most other PBX alternatives, it likewise gloats numerous a greater number of components and capacities than contenders. Being that Asterisk telephone frameworks are VoIP dependent they use existing broadband Internet associations with influence the corporate communication organize.
At the point when utilizing Asterisk items, voice calls are still made and got that same way they would be over a routine PBX, however, given the VoIP abilities Asterisks takes into account remotely and setting out representatives to interface specifically to the corporate telephone framework through a dynamic Internet association.
Asterisk gives you real-time connectivity on both PSTN and VoIP networks:
* With Asterisk as your telephony switching platform, PBX, you’ll not only have a high-class PBX replacement. Asterisk is much more than the standard PBX. With Asterisk in your network, you can do telephony in new ways.
* Connecting employees working from home to the office PBX over broadband connections.
* Connecting offices in various states over VoIP, Internet or a private IP network.
* Giving all employees voicemail, integrated with the Web and their E-mail.
* Building interactive voice applications, that connect to your ordering system or other inhouse applications.
* Giving access to the company PBX for business travelers, connecting over VPN from airport or hotel WLAN hotspots.
Asterisk includes many features only found in top-of-the-line unified messaging systems:
* Music-on-hold for customers waiting in queues, supporting streaming media as well as MP3 music.
* Call queues where call agents jointly handle answering incoming calls and monitor the queue.
* Text-to-speech system integration (the Festival Open Source and Cepstral Swift speech synthesis software can be integrated).
* Call data record (CDR) generation for integration with billing systems.
* Voice recognition system integration.
* The ability to interface with normal telephone lines, ISDN basic rate, and primary rate interfaces.
For more information visit Ideastack.